RE: Mystery Gunk

From: Eric Neilsen ^lt;e.neilsen@worldnet.att.net>
Date: 03/20/06-09:10:49 AM Z

Dan, I first noticed those from some pages that I had stored slides in back
in the early 80's. The pages, if I remember correctly were from 20th
century plastic. Lucky I got it early. I transferred my slides from those
pages. First I put them into individual sleeves then into the Print File
pages that hold 20 each and work with slide in hangers. I can't say that
I've been scientific in my inspection of them after treatment, but I don't
recall seeing any permanent effects. I used to do ciba printing from them
and can say that I didn't see them later. I recall using 100% cotton balls
and some film cleaner. But this was well over 20 years ago and I may have
just wiped them with the cotton balls. For those that you'd scan, you will
probably be best to remove them from the mounts to get the best edge to edge
cleaning.

Good luck

Eric

Eric Neilsen Photography