RE: An exchange with Mike Ware (on Argyrotype)

From: Loris Medici ^lt;mail@loris.medici.name>
Date: 03/22/06-05:25:21 AM Z

My seachs show that there are papers that work well with iron processes
such as Cyanotype, Vandyke and Pt/Pd but not with Argyrotype. Arches
Platine for instance, is a quite significant example. My most preferred
paper is Bergger COT 320 (I have to import it from Austria or France).
It's said that it's manufactured by Arches for Bergger and exhibits
strong similarities with Platine. That's why I'm intimidated a little
bit. You can be sure I will check Argyrotype on COT 320 someday - this
will happen when I will have time to "play". I'm happy with Cyanotype II
and Ziatype for now (and I also have to finish my gum tests).

Regards,
Loris.