RE: Gloy is NOT PVA

From: Kate M ^lt;kateb@paradise.net.nz>
Date: 03/26/06-01:39:46 PM Z

I believe that PVA goes "off" and grows mould unless it contains a
preservative. I seem to remember this from my days as a mother of small
kids, when we were warned at Playcentre that the preservative in PVA was
very toxic. One would imagine that the PVA ITSELF was probably not that good
either. So I'm sure that yes, it DOES need predervative. Infact, I have seen
dilute PVA which I was using for metal leafing grow mould even with
preservative.

Kate