Re: Papers for Argyrotype

From: sam wang ^lt;stwang@clemson.edu>
Date: 03/28/06-05:24:46 PM Z

Loris,

I never had to use plexy support with 11x14 or so prints and had hardly
any problems.

It's not bright white, but not grey either.

It's not the buckling that presents any problem but the absorption. You
have to load it and brush fairly quickly or you could run out of
solution. A glass rod should work very well though I have not tried it.
I just remember that I did not want to use it with Pt/pd because of the
amount of solution it seemed to require. Cyanotype is cheap so...

The front side is very smooth to the point of almost shiny, which may
not be to your liking. And the back side is quite rough.

Sam