RE: Papers for Argyrotype

From: Loris Medici ^lt;mail@loris.medici.name>
Date: 03/29/06-01:13:15 AM Z

Thanks again Sam,

It seems that the paper has considerable wet strength.

About the absorbtion issue: maybe one can try Jeffrey's "quasi double
coat" method... Adding equal amnt. of distilled water to coating soln.
and then brush it in two successive passes (waiting a couple of minutes
between).

Someone kindly sent scans of his prints on this paper and I noticed many
many white fibers - it seems that even if the paper is absorbent in
general, some individual fibers exhibit absorption problems.

I'm waiting DickBlick's international shipment fee confirmation, will
try the paper if it's not too high. Otherwise, what I saw/read is enough
to keep me away from it.

Thanks all.

Regards,
Loris.