RE: archivalness and alt process

From: Loris Medici ^lt;mail@loris.medici.name>
Date: 03/30/06-02:47:23 AM Z

It works grea - even when mixed it with KAuCl2 which is used for gold
plating (not AuCl3!)... IME it's hard to split tone with it, it tones
the shadows and highlights in the same moment. And it works very fast
when new (was turning my Vandykes to black in not more than 45 - 60
secs). Capacity is also good and it keeps well (was working good even
months after mixing it). It also cures the bronzing problem in the edges
(if present).

Joe, do you dilute the toner in order to split tone? (My attempts with
undiluted toner ended with gray highlights and midtones + relatively
warm shadows - but shadows were not as warm as they were in the untoned
print.) Can you please describe your procedure?

TIA,
Loris.