RE: A PVA for printing "gum" from Mike Ware

From: Loris Medici ^lt;mail@loris.medici.name>
Date: 03/30/06-01:49:09 AM Z

My guesses would be (others, please correct me if I'm wrong):

1. It can be used with acrylic paints; a big plus for me since there's
only one brand of tube watercolors around here in Istanbul - that's
Schmincke, very good paints... but quite pricey when compared to
acrylics.

2. It can be used on synthetic surfaces like Yupo (or glass) because
it's more adhesive than gum; that's another big plus since synthetic
surfaces dry in a moment - imagine making a tricolor gum (sorry,
dichromated PVA) in just 2 hours!

About finding gum in Turkey... It's easy indeed (at least in Istanbul).
I buy raw gum lumps for instance. Didn't looked for ready made
lithographer's gum, but I'm sure I can also find that with a little
seach. Logically finding gum arabic in Turkey should be easier than
finding it in the States since we're much closer to Senegal, Sudan (and
other countries in between) ;)

Regards,
Loris.