Re: shaking booty at SPE

From: Christina Z. Anderson ^lt;zphoto@montana.net>
Date: 03/30/06-07:30:27 AM Z

Ha, Dan,
No they didn't recreate the chemical smell. But let me tell ya about one
BIG problem with digital vs. a wet darkroom: when a project is due
nowadays, you have 150 photo majors loving the ease of digital vs. wet
darkroom, funneling into 12 computers funneling into 2 Epson 4000's and an
Epson 7600, and given the student propensity to put off work until the day
before critique, what a bottleneck. All of a sudden a lot of grandparents
are dying this week...

Next, teaching digital negatives and alt process as I am this semester,
compound that with 15 students doing tricolor gum--a print is due and that
means 45 negatives per week I assign tricolor!! I have been encouraging
small works so that they can at least gange 2 or 3 of the RGB negs onto one
8x5x11 piece of Pictorico.

And 20 nice BW enlargers and 18 wonderful color enlargers with a huge color
processing machine and spacious individual advanced labs sit unused....
Chris