RE: Added points

From: Don Bryant ^lt;dstevenbryant@mindspring.com>
Date: 03/30/06-01:36:36 PM Z

Jack,

I'd like to recommend to any of you attempting b/w printing w/inks to
download Roy Harrington's QuadTone RIP. It is
$50 and one can print beautiful b/w images from a cold to cool to neutral to
lukewarm to warm to selenium w/this
software. It is a wee bit complicated to get into at first but really not
too difficult. Results are as good as yo will
obtain with far more expensive RIP. Of course, those fancier RIPS hold other
advantages so I'm not saying this is THE answer.
It should be said that Roy is a terrific person and will answer all
questions . . ultimately.
http://www.quadtonerip.com/html/QTRoverview.html

Been there, done that as I'm sure some of the other listers have. For those
that haven't but are interested, QTR is one of the best photography bargains
of the decade, IMO.

Coupled with the new ink jet papers such as Cranes Silver Rag (oh that
name!!) and the new generation of Epson Ultrachrome inks, prints that rival
the appearance of fiber based paper are possible in the light room.

Don Bryant