Re: Carbon

From: TERRYAKING_at_aol.com
Date: Mon, 01 May 2006 06:18:25 -0400 (EDT)

   Sandy

The RC papers were the only ones I was prepared to 'waste' for demonstration
purposes. I found the result such that I would not do it axs as a serious
operation.

For me, the Autotype 'tissue burnt sienna' colour looks great on a fine
water-colour paper such as Fabriano Artistico. The colour is iron oxide. When one
is using it for photogravure, the ired turns black as the etching progresses in
the ferric chloride.

Terry

Incidentally it as someone at the table in the restaurant who said that she
had been through 'all' 19C BJs. a mommoth task, and that she could not remember
a reference to 'carbon' processing being a job 'for the boy'