Subjects for Alt Processes

From: John Grocott <john.grocott403_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 10:47:24 +0100

Folks,
           Since the miracle of the photographic image was discovered there have been many diversions from the very successful and popular process, silver gelatine.
          I am asking myself why I looked for, and found, and used other methods of dealing with certain subjects which found their way into my possession through my cameras. Each photo artist will have their own reasons for choosing to go ''alternative''. For me it seems the processes I use were largely suggested by the subject of the image, whether landscape, portrait, still life, abstract, reportage etc., etc.,
           The discussion about the recent WORK of Dan Burkholder was rather minimal regarding aspects of why his digital methods were used but the subject of these pictures seemed to have the largest part in the resultant impact they obviously delivered.
    Summer is a coming in.
           Photography is such a young medium.

John Grocott- Photographist - London - UK
SKYPE(video)name CARBONS999