Re: first my "French", Now my English

From: Yves Gauvreau <gauvreau-yves_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 08:31:19 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "Judy Seigel" <jseigel@panix.com>
To: <alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca>
Sent: Tuesday, May 09, 2006 9:51 PM
Subject: Re: first my "French", Now my English

>Actually, New Yorkers are entranced by French speakers, especially now
>that they've been softened up by their own riots. AND New Yorkers are VERY
>aware of value of tourism to the economy.

I don't know if this is still true, things change so fast these day but
aren't you the ones (citizen of U.S.A) , who wanted not so long ago to
basically bar anything "FRENCH" out of anything and from anywhere in the US,
no more "FRENCH" fries, no more "FRENCH" wine, etc. We all know why this
happen and I'm sure just as some folks here insisted for much to long "Ici,
monsieur, nous parlons Francais.", your "FRENCH problem" took maybe a little
bit of time to distill out of the brains of to many american citizen just as
our problem did.

It's funny how we human can be so very selective when it comes to memories,
we can manage to always find something to suit our needs of the time. Please
don't read more into this then a simple observation of human behaviour. We
both did just that haven't we?

I'd be happy to continue this discussion with you outside the list
preferably, I would think this is a bit off topic for this list, don't you?
I know, I started it, I have no one else to blame but myself.

Regards
Yves