Re: Glut AND job

From: Christina Z. Anderson <zphoto_at_montana.net>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 07:37:41 -0600

Hi Sandy,
I'm back from Florida and my daughter's wedding. What a nice break because
afterwards I got a week to sun n' fun!

Hope this question was answered, but as far as albumen, no tries for me
there.

I use 6ml 2.5% per liter. I have notes that Ryuji uses 1 ml per gram of dry
gelatin in the solution, which would make that up to 30ml per liter. I have
yet to try it that high, but thought I would next batch of sized paper. I
have never felt the gelatin to be slimy, though, with the 6ml which has
always been sufficient through hundreds of sheets of paper. And I KNOW glut
is doing the job because the paper I did not harden with it was hopelessly
stained.

You know the Formulary is now carrying glut?

I wanted to announce to the list--that Montana State University conducted a
national search for the position I am currently occupying, and after
narrowing down and interviews and campus visits from all candidates I got
the job!!! I found out as I was boarding the plane for FL. I am now an
assistant professor.

I just have to say that part of the reason I got the job was the incredible
community here on the alt list--my first alt class I taught at MSU this
semester was a 100% success (except for one student who moved, forgot to
withdraw, and therefore flunked). The work coming out of that class was so
astonishing that at our final critique I had 4 or 5 other people not in the
class that stayed the entire crit and said it was a crit like "none other".
Could've been the beer...

...I will be teaching alternative processes every year as well as
Experimental Photography, Non-Fiction (theory/documentary/photojournalism
class) and Senior Thesis. I'm excited to finally be STABLE.
Chris