Re: oil prints

From: John Grocott <john.grocott403_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 13:29:24 +0100

Hi again Henk, My 10% gelatine coats onto Alu if I give the metal a ''tooth'' with a course scouring powder applied with the rough side of a washing - up pad ( a block of foam with one side of green scouring material). Even this gives a quite fine finish but not as fine as tooth paste.However, it does seem to key the gel coat quite well. I might try carborundum powder to get an even courser grain. At present I am waiting for this gel coating to dry thoroughly before immersing the sheet in the 1% Amm Dich. for 90 secs.
          In the mean time wife and I are going to Tesco stores to buy more cat food and chill out before returning to the excitement of the darkroom. And Henk, just read your great article, again, in Post Factory #9. Very inspiring ! ! ! Thanks.
          Sorry Greg, to hear about your Nikon.
More later. John