Re: Digital Sucks - on topic (politics)

From: Ryuji Suzuki <rs_at_silvergrain.org>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 23:27:19 -0400 (EDT)

From: Ender100@aol.com
Subject: Re: Digital Sucks - on topic (politics)
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 23:14:31 -0400 (EDT)

> Does the useless digital camera have a useless digital warantee?

Maybe digital NEGATIVE warranty...

> Clipped highlights with digital cameras is a common error people
> make, but easily avoided if you have tested your camera.

I check histogram and avoid highlight clipping, but it's still not the
same as what I get with Tri-X or Neopan (even if I scan my negative
with a 7 year old Epson flatbed of net resolution about 1000dpi). If I
try to get close by applying curves, the picture gets strange or
artifact-rich. Yes my digicam is old (Olympus E-20) but I use raw mode
and edit in 16bit/ch.

Is there anything that can be done on this?