Re: OT Nikon N80

From: Argon3_at_aol.com
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 16:18:06 -0400 (EDT)

Don't know what your specific problem is but I've heard of several owners of
cameras of that type who have experienced "freeze ups"...now, yours may just
be broken but most of the victims of "freeze up" report hat they have removed
the batteries, allowed the camera to sit for a few moments and then replaced
the batteries and turned it back on...somehow it resets itself to some kind of
"factory default" setting when it sits without voltage in it for a while.

The other possibility is if it has a second battery in it that keeps the
"memory" intact while the main batteries are being changed...I have a Pentax 645
that has this feature and the little button "memory" battery has to be replaced
every couple of years.

Good luck, though....

I have an old Nikkormat body and a light meter for just such eventualities.

Best

Argon