Re: wet plate

Claude Seymour (cseymour@cap.gwu.edu)
Mon, 25 Apr 1994 10:22:28 -0400 (EDT)

ATTENTION! This is not a flame.

I'm really suprised that someone (and in an art department!) on this
mailing list would ask this question. I will, however, give a few of my
own personal reasons:

(1) Because I can.

(2) A different visual syntax.

(3) It's a challenge.

(4) I don't mind answering the question, "Are you taking a picture?".

(5) Knowing my roots.

(6) The history lesson.

(7) Preparing for the day when digital photography will force me to make my
own materials.

I could go on, but I hope Mr. Wang (or anyone else) now understands some of
my motives. I'm sure others on this list can come up with more reasons and
express them better than me (or is it I).

Claude Seymour