Re: Construction of Bellows?

David Soemarko (fotodave@m-net.arbornet.org)
Wed, 28 Jun 1995 23:24:03 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 29 Jun 1995, J. Wayde Allen wrote:

> I was wondering if any of you has tried folding your own bellows, and if
> so if you might have any tips? I know I can buy them, but recently got
> curious about how to go about making them. Actually, I've been thinking
> about building a view camera from scratch. Any ideas or help would be
> appreciated.

The March/April issue of View Camera magazine has an article of building
a view camera from scratch, but unless you are very experienced in
woodworking and can be very, very precise, it is not recommended to do
so.

For a lighter project, you can buy kit and build a camera. There is an
advertisement in Camera and Darkroom magazine for 4x5 and 8x10 view
cameras. The 4x5 is about $200.00 without the lens.