Re: Encyclopedias

Luis Nadeau (nadeaul@nbnet.nb.ca)
Fri, 7 Jul 1995 17:56:24 -0300

>On Fri, 7 Jul 1995, Luis Nadeau wrote:
>> Those with money can also have access to them by
>> simply buying the whole set: US $25,000 [The Photo Miniature]
>
>Luis, how many copies in that "whole set"? Maybe that's for perfect
>unopened ones? Or ......?

Looks like we have a misunderstanding here. Something lost in the
translation no doubt;-) The whole set referred to the whole set of
MICROFILMS, over 200 (i.e., two hundred) reels, which have between 1,000
(i.e., one thousand) and 3,000 (i.e., three thousand) pages of
journals/books each (reel), on average.

The entire set of The Photo Miniature (only) fits on 5 (i.e. five) of those
reels.

Luis Nadeau

P.S. I spelled out 1,000 and 3,000 above because in many if not most
countries, the comma (,) indicates what is considered a decimal point in
the US...