Re: Encyclopedias

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Fri, 7 Jul 1995 16:08:54 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 7 Jul 1995, Luis Nadeau wrote:
> Those with money can also have access to them by
> simply buying the whole set: US $25,000 [The Photo Miniature]

Luis, how many copies in that "whole set"? Maybe that's for perfect
unopened ones? Or ......?

Four years or so ago I bought about 30 for $100 at the American Photo
Historical Society Fair in NYC -- I really didn't want them all but there
was an issue on gum printing I had to have & the fellow wouldn't sell
just the one. He'd had them out the whole day with no takers, which
was how I got them for the $100.

Josh Heller (from Buffalo area as I recall) always has a table at the
fair with a few "Miniatures" -- I've paid him the most I've paid anywhere
for selected issues I simply had to have --
$15 each. Harvey Zuckerman at Photographer's Place has the occasional
copy, $5 to $15 & he isn't much interested in them. Maybe I should tell
them to get on the Alt-photo-process list! (;-)

Does anybody know if Bostick & Sullivan still offers their gum "Tech Pack"
mostly from Photo Miniature? (Was about $8.)

Anyway, I dunno how long the magazine was published, but say 20
years, at 12 issues a year would be 240 issues, which for $25,000 would be
$100 each. Even doubling the price for a complete set, it seems unlikely --
but maybe up there in the boonies.........? (:-0 !

Judy