Re: cross-processing

Thomas C Waters (twater+@pitt.edu)
Wed, 19 Jul 1995 10:38:18 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 19 Jul 1995, grhen wrote:

> You wrote:
> Small amounts won't hurt anything. We cross process about 1 per cent of
> the film through our handline. Just be sure you are not processing that
> RGB type film from Seattle Filmworks or the like. The Jet backing comes
> off and screwes everything up.
>
> Generally on the c-41 we do the photographer is overrating the film by
> one or two stops (shooting 100 iso at 25) and overprocessing by one
> stop.

I had some old seattle film works film in the freezer and recently shot a
roll of it specifically to process in E-6. I use a Jobo processor with
one shot chemistry, so I'm not worried about contamination.

BUT. When I exposed the film, I didn't know what ASA to use for cross
processing, so I shot at the ASA 100 and figured I could push or pull
process the film. It isn't anything real important, so if it doesn't
work, no big deal. Any suggestions on processing time for the first
developer for this film shot at ASA100??

Thanks

--
Thomas C. Waters
twater+@pitt.edu

"When evil men plot, good men must plan. When evil men burn and bomb, good men must build and bind. When evil men shout ugly words of hatred, good men must commit themselves to the glories of love." Martin Luther King Jr.