Re: cross-processing

grhen (grhen@ix.netcom.com)
Tue, 18 Jul 1995 23:32:37 -0700

You wrote:

>Hello!
>Ive rejoined the list after an absence of several months--nice to
back!
>Well, Im lookng for information regarding cross-processing....c-41 on
an
>e-6 line.
>What Im looking for specifically is this methods effect on the
stability of
>a processing line, in other words, does it cause contamination or
change
>the chemistry of the line....??
>I ask this becuase I work for a commercial lab, but am not the person
who
>is responsible for the line (I mostly print)...the fellow who is in
charge
>of it is quite knowledgable, but isnt sure if he's comfortable letting
c-41
>through the line. He'll let me do it, but Ill be the one whos got to
redo
>the line if there are any problems!!
>Anybody have any info on this??
>thanks kindly!
>jim

Small amounts won't hurt anything. We cross process about 1 per cent of
the film through our handline. Just be sure you are not processing that
RGB type film from Seattle Filmworks or the like. The Jet backing comes
off and screwes everything up.

Generally on the c-41 we do the photographer is overrating the film by
one or two stops (shooting 100 iso at 25) and overprocessing by one
stop.

--
Guy Manning
grhen@ix.netcom.com