Re: Laser half tone negs.

Austin Wallender (awallend@cs.tufts.edu)
Mon, 24 Jul 1995 14:02:30 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 25 Jul 1995, Peter Marshall wrote:

> You can get really excellent results for other processes such as platinum
> if you have a good printer with rather higher resolution - say 1200 dpi.

How about for photo-silkscreen? Not only 4 color, but spot color
seperations? My main concern is that the blacks of the laser printer are
not black enough to burn into the screen. I've done this before, but the
only way I could get acceptable results was to shoot it onto film in the
stat camera, and then use those negatives on the screen... If that step
were skipable, it would make life much easier, especially for 20-25 color
jobs.

austin
-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
austin wallender awallend@cs.tufts.edu
87 electric ave.
somerville MA 02144 http://www.tufts.edu/~awallend