Re: Collodion

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Thu, 17 Aug 1995 16:03:50 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 17 Aug 1995, Allan Janus wrote:

> Wet-plate processes are certainly do-able in this day & age - & you
> don't even need a genuine wet-plate camera. I used to make 9th plate
> tintypes in one of those cool Russian Lubitel twin-lens cameras. And you

In fact, there seems to be a collodion-net operating around the country.
There is "The Collodion Journal," a new quarterly, $20 for 4 issues,
published by

Scully & Osterman
Box 4543
George School
Newtown, Penna. 18940

July '95 is the 3rd issue, volume one. I have no intention of ever doing
collodion (in fact a conviction that I won't), yet enjoy this attractive,
chatty publication, with its tipped-in illustrations & forays into other
contemporaneous media (not all totally correct, but who is?)

For anyone interested in collodion specifically I suspect the ads by
suppliers would be an invaluable resource.

Judy