Re: "I'm protecting myself from receiving junk mail"
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: "I'm protecting myself from receiving junk mail"
- From: Richard Knoppow <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 19:54:47 -0700
- Comments: "alt-photo-process mailing list"
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=dk20050327; d=ix.netcom.com;b=TR5iBGy6wUtOVW/x07eM3bACRuj5xRT225YAZ3FwHKNyOL4xQDIlgnXaSUJs8zed;h=Received:Message-ID:Reply-To:From:To:References:Subject:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE:X-ELNK-Trace:X-Originating-IP;
- List-id: alt-photo-process mailing list <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com><firstname.lastname@example.org><email@example.com><E9E94D7A-6A0B-4CEA-8CFD-876213834E9B@comcast.net><Pine.NEB.firstname.lastname@example.org><email@example.com><Pine.NEB.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: Richard Knoppow <email@example.com>
- Resent-date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 20:56:12 -0600 (CST)
- Resent-from: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resent-message-id: <200608260256.k7Q2uCw4026668@www.usask.ca>
- Resent-reply-to: email@example.com
----- Original Message -----
From: "Judy Seigel" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sent: Friday, August 25, 2006 11:15 AM
Subject: "I'm protecting myself from receiving junk mail"
Today I receved a 17 K message including 6 or 8 "gif"
files, whatever they
O.K., I just got a similar message. It was sent by the
Spamarrest site, which appears to be legitimate. It is
responding to a message I sent to this list rather than to
the subscriber to the spam blocker. The GIF images are their
trade marks, etc, all sent HTML, generally a no-no for
e-mail. I am not responding to it because I sent no message
to this person. I think it is a bug in the Spamarrest's
software. Perhaps it is responding to the same thing that
blocks my own messages as returned by the list. The
interesting thing is that it was sent directly to me and not
forwarded by the list. I can now understand why you were
annoyed by this and appologize for taking you to task.
However, I doubt if the spam blocker service subscriber,
whoever he is, knows its doing this. Heigh-Ho, locking out
the bad guys also locks out your friends.
Los Angeles, CA, USA