U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: pt/pd mounting

RE: pt/pd mounting

Well, it took a while, but we finally got some interesting conversation
going.  Thanks to those who contributed.

So, to make sure I understand this, here's my take on the topic (please,
correct me if I'm misunderstanding).  In theory, pt/pd has enough acid
problems to worry about without using an acid board, so use buffered.
However, there's no proof either way that buffered/neutral pH board
actually increases the life of the print.  Right...?

Loris, your polyurethane comment intrigued me.  This could add a very nice
aesthetic effect to the series in question, so I may have to give it a
try.  I would be very interested to hear the results of your tests if/when
you and Ryuji get around to it.  Keep me posted!

Camden Hardy

camden[at]hardyphotography[dot]net
http://www.hardyphotography.net