U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Carbon tissue and inkjet inks, Was: Gum and inkjet

Carbon tissue and inkjet inks, Was: Gum and inkjet

Hello Sandy,

You are right about costs of these inks, but as I have some bottles of bulk ink here in my studio (also much cheaper than cartridges) why not try them? Pigment particles in inkjet inks are extremely fine and allready in dispersion so mixing them in is a snap. The advantage of a balanced set of process colors may also be a reason to try this, as Paul suggested in his original post. Actually I coated some sheets of yupo this afternoon with a (normal) mixture of 10% gelatine, some sugar and glycerine. I started with 10ml MIS Eboni black per 500ml. I will let you know if this leads to something.

Kees