U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: dig negs (Burkholder)

RE: dig negs (Burkholder)

Hey Camden,

For what it's worth, I never took your observations as any sort of
attack so no problem here. It's natural that different methods have
their advocates and followings. So though your apology is a kind
gesture, it certainly was neither needed nor expected. And I hope you
don't get any more off-list notes (none of which were from me). ;^)

About the Zone System. I recall (note: name drop ahead) the first time I
assisted Jerry Uelsmann in Yosemite in the 1980's. A student asked him
how he metered. Jerry paused, looked down at his Bronica, pointed to the
shutter speed dial and said, "see the green A." Sorta put it all in
perspective.

Dan

--
www.DanBurkholder.com