U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: dig negs (Burkholder)

RE: dig negs (Burkholder)

One more note, and then I'm done with this topic (I can hear your
rejoicing now). :)

My initial reply to this thread was written quickly, and as a result I
think a lot of people (possibly everyone) misunderstood me.

My post was in no way an attack of any sort toward Dan Burkholder.  I have
the utmost respect for him, and think he's doing wonderful things in the
field.

I prefer PDN not because it's "better" per se, but because it works better
for me and my workflow.  I can't stress enough that this is my own
personal opinion, not scientific fact.

This topic is somewhat analogous to the zone system debate that's gone on
for decades.  Some choose to use it, others don't.  That's not to say that
one "camp" is right or wrong, but each person has found something that
works for them.  This is what I've been trying to articulate (albeit very
poorly).

I think it's futile and pointless to argue which is "better", because they
both have their advantages and disadvantages, but are both equally good.
Again, this is something I should have been much more clear about in my
first hasty reply, and for that I apologize.

That's it, I'm done.

Camden Hardy

camden[at]hardyphotography[dot]net
http://www.hardyphotography.net