U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Threaded Coating Rod

Re: Threaded Coating Rod

Yes, I mean a regular rod that a nut would screw on. And you can pick them up almost anywhere so if anyone is interested in try one in lieu of a glass rod it would be inexpensive to do so.

The wire wound rod is another type of coating technology but offers no advantages for sizing paper so far as I see.


At 11:24 AM -0400 10/3/06, Robert Newcomb wrote:
So when you say threaded rod, you actually mean a regular threaded rod that a nut would screw on to? Which is different then a wire wound rod. The threads determine the amount of coating?

Robert Newcomb

On Oct 3, 2006, at 12:39 AM, Sandy King wrote:

BTW, threaded rods in many sizes are available at Home Depot and Lowes stores. These are Zinc plated and may or may not hold up to your application.

For coating carbon or gum I would probably just spray a coat of a anti-corrosive paint (Rust-Oleum) on the rod to protect it. Not as good as the stainless rods, but would be a very inexpensive way to find out of this method of coating would work for you.


At 12:31 AM -0400 10/3/06, Sandy King wrote:
Here is another source for coating rods.


Sandy King