U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: WAY OT Re: Podcast, anyone...? (was Re: alt video)

RE: WAY OT Re: Podcast, anyone...? (was Re: alt video)

Don,

> A broadcast quality Sony BetaMax should do the trick, one that uses at
> least
> 1/2 inch reel to reel video tape.

That would work, as long as it can be digitized (I don't have access to
that equipment, so it would have to be done before submission), which may
be more trouble than it's worth.  By the way, I just found one on eBay for
$5 if anyone's interested.

I've seen some pretty nice looking videos come from those cheap little
digital video cameras.  As long as it's well-lit (I'm assuming everyone
here knows how to light something :) ), it looks pretty good.  I can do
some digital post-processing if needed.

Keep in mind that podcast videos are no larger than the resolution of the
iPod screen.  I don't know the exact number, but as I recall it's less
than 400 pixels.

Since the dimensions of the video are so small, we have quite a bit of
fudging room in terms of quality.

Camden Hardy

camden[at]hardyphotography[dot]net
http://www.hardyphotography.net