U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: strong tape of 0.15 to 0.20 mm thickness

Re: strong tape of 0.15 to 0.20 mm thickness

Thanks to all who responded so far, plus those replied offlist.

From: Murray Leshner <murrayatuptowngallery@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: strong tape of 0.15 to 0.20 mm thickness
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2006 17:01:29 -0800 (PST)

>   I think the wearing surface is probably the weak link, but
>   as far as adhesives go, I think acrylic adhesives are the
>   most aggressive.

The biggest problem is the friction between film perforation
and the tape. It tends to lift the tape edge and peel the tape.

>   I have some FEP (teflon variant), Kapton and one other
>   smooth hard plastic white artist's tape I'd be happy to
>   send you a couple feet of [sorry, original poster only :O(
>   ]. All are self-adhesive.

There was another suggestion from Scott Small for Kapton tape,
but all I could find were up to 5 mil thickness. The thickness
I need is on the order of 0.2mm (the thickness of usual duct
tape) and they are way too thin. Are other tapes you mentioned
in the right thickness? If so, I would like to take your
offer.