To: <alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca>
Sent: Wednesday, January 17, 2007 7:51 AM
Subject: dark gums

Hi all,
I am relatively new to gum printing. My goal is to make dark [brown, black,
deep blue] monochromatic gum prints. [Some may suggest I use a different
process, I realize that]. I'm looking for advice/support [if this had been
talked about in another thread, please direct me] on preparing the
negatives--in terms of density, contrast and the ink/gum combo to get
richness and detail. I know it is a matter of testing things but I thought
any extra advice I could get would be useful.

Thank you,
ilana swerdlin