U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: "Macs just WORK" ??? ??? ????

Re: "Macs just WORK" ??? ??? ????

Thanks for that Gary - it looks like an excellent alternative AND it works on Mac and PC. (I also run an old PC with as much non-Microsoft as possible and my word processor needs upgrading.)

Thanks too to Camden - your explanation about how Macs run makes lots of sense. It reminded me of the old Kodak instruction to photographers, about standing with the sun behind your left shoulder when taking photographs on your Kodak Brownie. Kodak, who would then process the film and prints, could be fairly certain that the pictures would not only come out, but look half decent as well.

thanks again all,
cheers Catherine
Gary wrote:
I'm not a Mac user, but want to respond to those commenting on MS Office, Wordperfect, Wordstar :-) or whatever.

Open Office can be used as a replacement for MS Office. It can read and write MS file formats.

It works on Mac, Windows and Linux. It is also free. Google it.

Gary