U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: MURATIC !

RE: MURATIC !

Judy, I am sure that they sell the pool acid in plastic bottles for SAFTEY
reasons not so much for convenience; i.e. breakage. Bob was asking about
storing the diluted acid which is far less potent than the acid from the
store.

"but weaker mixes you are ok with some plastics."

Please note that I said, weaker and some. What do I use in my darkroom for
these solutions; Glass. Why, because I have it and don't need to worry about
parents with their excited kids trying to get the pool able to support a
safe swim.

And if I could suggest other place to store liquids, it would not be on a
metal shelf. The metal in your darkroom will conduct the heat faster than
wood, and plastics. Unless you keep you facility at a constant temp, you are
forcing that bottle to breath more than needed.

It is HCL no one is questioning that. Sorry to hear about your contractors
misstep.

Eric

Eric Neilsen Photography
4101 Commerce Street