U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Photopolymer Plate Options

Re: Photopolymer Plate Options

Wow...interesting. What has worked with my procedure is:

Tap temperature tap water, doused on the plate, keeping it constantly wet, but not submerged, while lightly scrubbing all over the plate in a circular motion with very little pressure for 35 seconds using a wide, soft nylon brush available from box car press. The brush is very soft and designed for doing manual washout of poly plates.

Never tried using water that hot. My guess is I'd get a deeper etch and more contrast (which I can adjust in the curve I'm using). I'll have to try that sometime.

Jon