U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: gums of Cy's work

Re: gums of Cy's work

Thanks, Judy (and Bruce and Diana),

I've ALSO had the privelege of looking through all of Cy's gums and
gravures, and I've done it more than once!  The first time was with
John Stevenson (even though he knew we were photographers interested
in the process and the beauty of the work, rather than collectors),
and then another time with probably the same young man you've all
mentioned.  The first time was after spending a day at the AIPAD show,
and seeing one of Cy's gravures as printed by Keith.  I was smitten.
From that point on I have known that I had to learn to make these
gravures, and eventually also gums.

what's funny is that I started with gravures, thinking that the gum
process was more complicated, and with too many variables... haaaaa ha
ha ....

as if these gravures are turning out to be simple.

;o)
Susan
PS... husband is on vacation this week and we are heading into the
city a couple of days... one specifically to go to John Stevenson. :o)

www.dalyvoss.com