From: Jon Lybrook [mailto:jon@terabear.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 28, 2007 10:40 AM
To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
Subject: Re: Epson 3800 vs 4800 - any advice?

Ouch.  I'd hate to go backwards.

The 2 main advantages to 4800 over the 3800 I've found is:

1) Higher capacity carts
2) The 4800 accepts roll media where the 3800 does not

Neither of these things matter if I can't get reasonably comparable
density out of either of them using black ink only though.  Is the 3800
thought to be better using black ink only than the 4800?  I'd look into
a used 4000 as you recommend Camden, but I like having that Manufacturer
Warranty in case there are problems.

Jon