U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Epson 3800 vs 4800 - any advice?

Re: Epson 3800 vs 4800 - any advice?

Judy Seigel wrote:
1) Higher capacity carts
The 2 main advantages to 4800 over the 3800 I've found is:

But how does the cost per ml of ink compare?
The 4800 is more economical per ml when using their larger cats, from what I've been told. Not sure of the exact savings...

2)... I'd look into a used 4000 as you recommend Camden, but I like having that Manufacturer Warranty in case there are problems.
Assuming they're still in existence, refurb.com (or maybe that's refurbed.com?) includes manufacturer's warranty, same as for new, because item has been refurbed by the manufacturer.

Also, Epson website may still list its own refurbed items.
Thanks Judy.  I'll check into that!

Jon