U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: polymer plate drying time

Re: polymer plate drying time

Jon,

I don't seem to. Much of my work has texture to it, so that helps, but recently I made a print with a smooth sky graduating to dark grey and that was OK.

I'm really not doing anything physically different or extreme. My darkroom tends to be quite dry though - right now it's at 23%RH. I blot the plate very quickly with newsprint (plate face UP - not down) and replace it with fresh paper almost immediately. You have to be extremely careful though, because as you know, the plate's very tacky at this point and you have to work quickly.

Keith.