U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: slightly OT - dry prints

Re: slightly OT - dry prints

Hi Catherine,
Your question, unanswered, aroused my curiosity . By googling, I found an ArtForum article about Horsfield by Carol Armstrong, January 2004, which yields this description:

"...they are so-called dry prints, prints made not in the blind, wet space of the darkroom but first by digital scanning and then by the colored inks of the ink-jet printer, which when combined with matte paper have greater painterly potential than emulsified color."

In other words, a dry print is an inkjet print. Hope that's helpful,
Katharine