U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: uncurve/curve comparison on Loris' website

Re: uncurve/curve comparison on Loris' website

Mark wrote:

Maybe I misunderstood one of your ealier posts.... I don't have time to search back right now for it, but I thought you had been working on a calibration and the results had been what seemed to be ok differentiation in the deep shadows and highlights, but very flat midtones.... I thought if you could post what the curve liked like when shown in the Photoshop Curves Window that it would be helpful to see what is going on. Usually you can tell by the shape of the curve what the problem is.
Yes, you did misunderstand completely. That was in a different thread altogether; I was discussing curves for gum in general, and to illustrate a point, I was describing some curves and charts people have sent to me over time as examples of "good" gum curves, that fit that description. They were generated, actually, from the PDN system (although I didn't mention that because I didn't think it was germane to the discussion). But no, I wasn't describing any curve of my own, nor do my curves fit that description.
kt