From: Judy Seigel [mailto:jseigel@panix.com]
Sent: Friday, October 19, 2007 9:03 PM
To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
Subject: Re: pinhole negatives without electricity?

Many thanks to Chris and others for amplifications, additions, and
further explications today...

The friend I've been forwarding these thoughts to called this morning with
thanks: We agreed that the input of different ideas from many directions
has been SO much better than solo contemplation -- however well informed.

And of course there are further comments tonight... Even if some of the
suggestions probably won't fit the situation (I love Chris's idea of
giving each student some sodium sulfite and letting them carry or find
their own water -- but this operation may involve rounding up particpants
directly in the field)... Again, the comment adds detail, and points up
what, not having quite done exactly this operation yet, may have been
overlooked.

Judy

On Fri, 19 Oct 2007, Christina Z. Anderson wrote:

> Good morning all,
>
> I haven't followed the original question too closely so forgive me if I
> diverge and have missed one qualifying part of it, or repeated another
> responder's advice.
>
> Polaroid works wonderfully in a pinhole camera except one has to have a
> Polaroid holder (about $150 new) and it does experience reciprocity
failure.
> However, you can see the print/neg instantly so you'd only waste one
negative
> probably before you figured it out. I have also shot Maco infrared film,
as
> did a student (he did 8x10) and it experiences HUGE reciprocity failure.
The

http://www.eset.com