U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Epson 3000 still a viable option?

Re: Epson 3000 still a viable option?

Judy Seigel wrote:
On Wed, 14 Nov 2007, Erie Patsellis wrote:

Don,
I already have a HP8750 that I like, but the 13x19 limit is a little restrictive (alot of my work is scanned LF negatives, that due to a lack of darkroom, I can't print at the moment) With my upcoming 16x20 camera almost finished, I have a way to scan, but not print, and it seems pointless to scan a 16x20 neg to print smaller.

Erie, there are many easily done "alt" processes that don't require a darkroom... they're not that light-sensitive: You can do, for instance,
cyanotype & Van Dyke (to name just the easiest ones) in normal room light, though you do need ultraviolet bulbs to print them. (Unless you can find some sun.)

Judy

Judy, prety much what I've been doing, primarily Gum and (soon, hopefully) Cyano.

erie