U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Inkjet negs: Pigment vs. Dye, etc.

Re: Inkjet negs: Pigment vs. Dye, etc.

On Nov 29, 2007, at 1:07 PM, Keith Gerling wrote:

Oh really? I have a 1280 that I'm just beginning to use for negatives. What cheap transparency media are you using?

Sorry, I don't know what it's called. I buy it from one of those distributors that repackage other manufacturers' films under their own label, and I live in fear that the company will go out of business or lose their records or something, and I won't know how to find this film again. The company is called fimsource, if that's any help. I don't have the link right at hand, but I'd guess filmsource.com. The problem is that they package different films under the same label, so if you ordered the item number I order, you might not get the same thing I get. They sent me the wrong film by mistake once, and it didn't work as well as my usual stuff. They wouldn't take it back and give me the other kind, because they insisted that the two kinds were essentially the same. It wasn't the same at all, didn't even look similar, and certainly didn't perform the same for making digital negatives. Since then they've been careful to send me the kind I like, and I've been happy. But I can't tell you what it is, because I don't know.

Not very helpful, sorry.
Katharine