U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: On topic: myth or reality?

Re: On topic: myth or reality?

Judy,

you see that's what I meant from a few words you almost write a book in no
time.

I found a few words the other day that went about like this: "Give a man a
camera and you make him a photograph, give a man a violin and you say he own
a violin"

These few words translate the essence of what I mean with gum printing. If I
where to do gum seriously, I would do it like a violinist, nothing less
would satisfy me. It the same for everything else I hold at heart, I give it
my best until I'm satisfied. You would be surprised how these last words
"I'm satisfied" characterise me. My wife is happy when I say them, we laugh
about it all the time, it as become our inside joke if you will. Sometime,
she even suggest that I do small things so I can say them with a smile on my
face, you have to understand as well that I have severe back problem and
with all the pills I take it doesn't happen to often that I feel like
smiling which gives those few little words a special meaning to us.

Thanks again and have happy holidays,
Yves
PS I'm satisfied now and I'm smiling.