U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: archivalness of gum

RE: archivalness of gum

Katharine,

I see what you mean. Maybe more tests are required; but my guess (since
there isn't any LONG-term test) is that since the pigment is not reacting to
the polymer but just being held there, and since the dichromate has been
washed out, the pigment is not going to change by just being held there.

That is the same thing with paintings, right? Unless we are suspecting that
the hardened polymer is going to act differently from unhardened polymer.

Dave