U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: archivalness of gum

Re: archivalness of gum

On Dec 21, 2007, at 10:24 AM, Dave S wrote:

Katharine,

I see what you mean. Maybe more tests are required; but my guess (since
there isn't any LONG-term test) is that since the pigment is not reacting to
the polymer but just being held there, and since the dichromate has been
washed out, the pigment is not going to change by just being held there.
That would be my guess as well; my point was simply that all of our guesses are just that: guesses.
kt