U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: direct carbon or gum bleach development

Re: direct carbon or gum bleach development

I looked at that too, and though they don't list the pigment number for the dry pigments as they do for the watercolor paints, I'm quite comfortable assuming that the carbon black is PBk7 and the lamp black is PBk6. In my experience dry pigments are usually called by the pigment name so there's no confusion; the confusion generally arises with paint manufacturers. for example Bruce McEvoy lists four brands of watercolor paint made from PBk7, two of which are called "lamp black," one of which is called "charcoal grey" and one of which is called "carbon black." Also, Winsor & Newton's paint named "lamp black" is actually a mixture of PBk6 and PBk7.

kt

On Jan 3, 2008, at 12:31 PM, Marek Matusz wrote:

Keith,
I checked Daniel Smith web site and they both list carbon black and lamp black, without using more detailed pigment nomenclature. My package says carbon black on it. It lists at $10.95/lb

Marek