U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: pen knife

Re: pen knife

----- Original Message ----- From: "Judy Seigel" <jseigel@panix.com>
To: <alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca>
Sent: Monday, January 07, 2008 7:41 PM
Subject: pen knife

Contrary to the actual words, a pen knife is like a Swiss Army Knife but with only 2 blades -- a big one at one end and a little one at the other end, that fold into the handle. ...Boys & men would carry them in their pockets in case they had to sharpen a pencil or play a quick game of mumblety peg, scrape some chalk off a pastel stick, or other chore around the house. In other words, a "pocket knife" (Is that term still in use? I feel like Methuselah !)

J.